Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Frequent night feedings

@llli*dally Guest

Default Frequent night feedings

x
    Last edited by @llli*dally; January 11th, 2012 at 09:16 AM.

Default Re: Frequent night feedings

We're experiencing the same thing. Katy is 6 months and wakes every 2 hours (and has since the day she was born). She's a "reverse cycler" and doesn't eat much during the day. She gets most of her nutrition at night. I'm hoping it ends soon b/c this mama is exhausted!!

ETA: My nephew did this as well, but when he turned 8 months he just stopped and started sleeping through the night. It literally happened overnight.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

@llli*dally Guest

x

My lo used to wake only once at night. Once I returned to work I felt like I missed out on so much time with her. I was so happy when she started waking often during the night because I got to nurse her lots. I think it's pretty normal for them to wake more. He probably misses you and your soft breast
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

Do you cosleep with your LO? It's a great option for mothers with babies who feed frequently at night and then have to get up early for work. (like my LO who's 8 months old and still wakes up several times in the night)
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!

Wait, your LO takes 24-30oz during the day? Is that BM or formula? How long are you away? That is a lot! My LO takes like 11 ounces in the 8-9 hours I am gone.....
    new mom to yael justine, born 12/20/07 4lbs 7oz

cloth diapers all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by bowser625 View Post
    Do you cosleep with your LO? It's a great option for mothers with babies who feed frequently at night and then have to get up early for work. (like my LO who's 8 months old and still wakes up several times in the night)
    My lo starting nursing A LOT more frequently at night when I went back to work. I think it was her way of reconnecting with me and assuring herself that I was still there for her. That's about the time I started cosleeping as well. I had to just to get some sleep, and I really did like the bonding aspect of it. I found I needed to reconnect with her just as much as she needed to reconnect with me.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

@llli*dally Guest

x