Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: groans a lot

Default groans a lot

ok another thing my ds who's just a little shy of 5 months old has been doing a lot of recently is make a quiet groaning noise. it used to be his tired cue, but now he does it almost all the time now... when he's sleepy, feeding, playing with a toy, biting down on something. is he just liking the sound of it?? he coos, squeals, and laughs too....but i'm just anxious to hear him make some new sounds. there was a time when he was 3 months old and was doing a lot more baby talk with varying sounds, but it stopped. anyone else exprience this?

Default Re: groans a lot

If he seems healthy and happy I would say he's really enjoying knowing that he can make that noise. It must be fun for him to feel the vibration and know that he's making it happen
    I'm Jill
    Mother to
    Bear 12/13/98
    Bagalli 8/5/07
    little (3/21/09).
    Kafessa: 5/17/10
    expecting 10/1/11

DD is also 5 months and doing the groaning thing... AND she also was doing all of the "talking" at three months and now doesn't seem to do it as much. It seems like they learn how to make a new sound and really focus their attention on it for a while. She's also giggling now (my favorite sound), and making a high-pitched whine (not my favorite sound, for sure). I think it's just one of those stages!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Do you read the Baby Blues cartoon strip? The infant in that strip knows a new word - DaDa - and the today's strip is about how it's the only word Wren wants to say now. Sounds like your happy LO has a new sound he's infatuated with.
    Fran
    Mom to Anna, March 28, 2008

thnx...ladies. i was concerned b/c he was making more sounds at 3 months than now. but yea, i guess he's just hooked on that sound for now. just being a worry-wart.