Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Making some...

Default Making some...

Making some Progress
    This is what i have done so far today. I am trying to keep track of the times i pump so i can try to get my 8-10x's a day in. Tomarrow i should get my Blessed Thistle and nursing moms tea. I am on day 8 with the Medela Lactina.

5:30am double pump 20 min
    6:15am Back to bed
    8:00am oatmeal 2 pieces wheat toast, 3 fenugreek
    8:45am double pump 15-20 min
    9:10am massage breasts
    9:15am pump right side 7-10 min then hand compression
    11:37am double pump 15 min
    12:15pm Lunch, Tuna salad, cucumber slices, mini whole grain bagel. DrP
    1:20pm double pump 15 min, Hand compression and 3 fenugreek
    2:00pm cheese and cracker snack
    3:00pm layed down with Alexis on my bed,both topless.She resisted and screamed i just kept trying to hold her telling her i just want to hold you in a very calm voice over and over,I think she was masd at my breasts because every time she looked at them she screamed even louder. I put a nursing top on.she screamed for a few more min and finnally she gave in. we layed on our sides her head in the nook of my arm against my chest/breast.I just kep stroking her cheek, arm and hair.I undid the nursing clasp on both sides and askede her if she wanted milk. she sat up and pointed to my left breast, i asked her again if she wanted some milk and she went for my breast, she only sucked like it was a straw for a second but she did it a couple times. THen she wanted down off my bed so i figured we can try again tomarrow afternoon. I am real excited because(just a few mo) before when she would see my breasts and scream. So this is progress.
    4:30pm double pump 25 min and hand compression.
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz

Default Re: Making some...

I just wanted to add that after dinner tonight, we were still at the table Alexis climbed up on my lap. I asked her if she wanted some milk, she lifted my shirt and tryed to unsnap the nursing snaps and she put my nipple in her mouth and then pulled away, Every time i asked her if she wanted milk she did this.
    I hope this is progress towards going back to her nursing.

Any suggestions to help her along? She is 17mo we nursed for a year when she decided she didnt want it anymore(we had to supplement due to dr) It was eaiser to drink the bottle than me. She was wanting to be independent i guess. She is allergic to Dairy products thats why we decided to relactate.

Any Ideas?
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz