Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Making baby food

Default Making baby food

Hello,
    I've got a 3.5 month old, and am starting to learn and educate myself on baby food for when the 6 month mark comes. Do any of you make your own baby food? How has that gone? Is it easy? Do you have to start feeding your baby cereal as the first food, or go to a fruit possibly?

Default Re: Making baby food

check this site out, it rocks!

www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...

Default Re: Making baby food

oh, and they don't need cereal, you can def start w/ veg or fruit- bananas, avocados, or sweet potatoes are all good starters...I keep frozen slices of banana in the freezer and put them in one of those mesh feeders- double duty- food and feels good on teething gums. Also keep in mind they may not like something the first time (or the 4th,5th, or 6th time), but if you wait and try it again, they might. I did get some gerber peas, squash, pears, and green beans for my lo to try at first- didn't seem worth it when she started to go through making food for just a little tiny bit that she would eat. She loved all of those except green beans- they caused her great tummy distress. No more green beans here for a while... Good luck when the time comes. It's exciting to anticipate, but also enjoy it now while you don't have to worry about needing anything but yourself to feed her
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...