Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pain in right breast

Question Pain in right breast

Okay ladies, need some help. My LO is a few days shy of 7 months and BFing has been a roller coaster. I want to continue, but feel like my supply is getting less and less. Now, my right breast has had a sharp pain for about a week. The flow is a lot less too. What could this be? Clogged duct maybe? I am puzzled. I have been doing the massages, putting heat packs on, taking warm showers, eating oatmeal and drinking lots of water and mothers milk tea. Anything else? Pump is not really responding. HELP!!!

Default Re: Pain in right breast

Can you explain the pain? Is it sharp, stabbing, throbbing? Where is it located, what part of the breast?

It is a sharp pain to the right of the nipple on rt breast towards my arm pit region. I am concerned b/c the flow has slowed down with the pain. That is why I suspected a clogged duct maybe?!?

Any lumps, knots, hard spots? Have you noticed less sprays out of that one? Any bumps, blisters or white spots on the nipple?

I thought I felt a knot. My husband said it poped the other day when I had him look to see if he felt it or if I was just being paranoid. It is spraying less. No white spots or anything. No obvious bulges like there is something stopped up. I have been sleeping on my back to avoid pressure on either side. My right side has always been my stronger breast, so I am puzzled by this. It has been like this for about a week now.