Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It's working but ???

Default It's working but ???

Well I am on what...week 6 or 7?
    anyway he started finally latching what will be 2 weeks this saturday night.
    in that time since he started latching my supply has more then doubled. I am getting 6.5 or so oz a day now.

I am just confused about 1 thing.

He wants NOTHING to do with me when my breasts are full ! I am talking when I have 1 oz of milk combined .
    He pulls off crying, pulls on my nipple, arches his back far away from me, sometimes even bites me.

I empty the breast and latch him again and he is fine. I guess it's good he is getting the hind milk and since i empty myself , he will empty me much better and stimulate more milk. I am guessing this is why my supply is increasing finally.

My right breast with the capsular contraction can be quiet achy at times but it's not too bad...

so anyone who has relactated, or knows anyone who has...or has any opinions please share!
    I just don't know why he is refusing me with the milk, but wanting me when I am not full LOL.

If it's not 1 thing it's another! but at least he is getting at least 1.5 bottles a day of my milk!

do you think he will gradually want me to actually eat from???

thanks!

Default Re: It's working but ???

I am so glad it is working for you. How old is your LO? What worked best for you in geting him to latch. I am having the hardest time with that. My DD gets hysterical every time I try and takes a while to calm her down. I feel horrible.

I ended up with 7.5 oz yesterday!

I had a hard time getting him to latch so i started with the shield. i would have to walk and bounce him. it took a few weeks but then he accepted it. and a few weeks later out of nowhere i tried it without the shield and he took it.

he still does fight sometimes. I just have to keep trying. at first he cried a lot . but if i walk and bounce him and shhhh him he takes it. but then again ... he only wants to comfort nurse lol.

it's a lot of trial and error

goodluck

Hi Tiffany,

Way to go! That is terrific news. I have been following your story, and I am impressed with your determination and preserverence. What an inspiration!

Do you still experience any pain when your son nurses?

Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by jentut
    Hi Tiffany,

Way to go! That is terrific news. I have been following your story, and I am impressed with your determination and preserverence. What an inspiration!

Do you still experience any pain when your son nurses?

Jennifer
    Thanks Jennifer!! I just want it so bad! That and DH telling me it wouldn't work I wanted to prove him wrong haha! he is proud!

actually quite odd, the discomfort has been nothing like before. It's barely noticeable. the one time it started getting worse i treated us both for thrush and it is now gone! (I wish i knew it was thrush the whole time I never would have quit in the first place)

but yes there is no pain!

Isn't it weird it can be SOO bad in the beginning ? but when I relactated it hasn't been??

I just noticed you are in MI ! I am as well