Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Are outside influences causing you to wean earlier than you liked?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 22.22%
  • No

49 77.78%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are outside influences encouraging you to wean?

Question Are outside influences encouraging you to wean?

Are they?

It is sort of in my case, cos I don't like to see my father in Spain while my 2 year old daughter is still sucking on my tit! Cos I have had enough problems with other people's opinions and I just don't like to add my father to the pot! Anyway about 2 years is enough for me, but in an ideal world yes I would like to carry on BF.

Default Re: Are outside influences encouraging you to wean?

I voted "no".
    I'm aware of other people's negative attitudes, but they don't influence me. I gave up worrying what other people think of me a very long time ago.
    Well, I suppose that's not 100% true - if anything, negative responses inspire me to continue.

I also voted no. Although other people's comments get on my nerves, I have decided to say to h*ll with it all and carry on for as long as my LO wants to - this freaks most of my friends and work colleagues out no end, but I know what I am doing is the best thing for my child. We'll do it when he is ready.

Mother to Zayne 19/8/06 2.56kg

Smile Re: Are outside influences encouraging you to wean?

I am surprised you two have voted "no", too be honest I was a 'closet breast feeder' to the people I know not with the public though as soon as my oldest daughter started walking (well till my DH let it slip!) So the answer is "yes" for me because of that as well.

I know it's a kinda of a shame, but that's life some BF women are stronger than others. I guess about two years is my own personal BF age limit, although if my toddler had a serious disability of some kind I would say "Sod it!" I will BF double the length of time! Love prevails in the end doesn't it!

No here too. My son is Two and a half. And my family and friends now tease both of us. They call it "Noonie crack". But they have no idea what they are talking about. And they don't pay my bills or influence my life in any way that I need their approval in regards to how I raise my child. In fact quite the opposite is true. They have to respect the rules I have in place in regards to how he eats, no sugar and no microwave to be allowed near him.

So the title of the thread "encouraging me to wean". Absolutely. But on the poll you have it words as "CAUSING you to wean earlier than you like" and no one is doing that. That decision is strictly between me and DJ.

Way too lazy for formula

< Noonie Crack

Quote Originally Posted by mrsavocet View Post
    I voted "no".
    I'm aware of other people's negative attitudes, but they don't influence me. I gave up worrying what other people think of me a very long time ago.
    Well, I suppose that's not 100% true - if anything, negative responses inspire me to continue.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I am getting negative responses from everywhere both family and business but I voted no because I don't care about them. I will BF as long as I want and if people have a problem with it they can .....(well you know what I would write here)

Yes, outside influences are encouraging me to wean. It doesn't discourage me though. I know I am doing the best for my children, I know the benefits. It's annoying though.
    Celeste
    Mommy to:
    Kalynn 8/12/02
    Ronin and Ryker 10/9/2006

No here also. I had a low milk supply that was extremely difficult to keep up. I wish the poll hadn't been so black/white. I had a physical problem, and I have a work problem. Not enough time to pump effectively. So, it's kinda yes/no. I made it 7 weeks and my milk supply litterally sputtered to an end after I stopped the "extras". I didn't even have to do the cabbage leaf thing. I just stopped. No problems.
    I have several friends who BF. I know the benefits and I let them feed whenever they want if they are with me. If possible, I even assist however they want me to. When I'm out in public and I see a mom BFing, I smile at her. Some find it shocking, that someone is smiling at them!!

Nicki
    Married to my BFF Yuri 10/6/2001
    Luka John born 3/4/2008 via C-section
    Fed by from birth to 3 weeks, then to 7 weeks, milk went away. Now weaned off formula!! On to goat's milk. (sweet like BM, easy to digest!)
    Been back to work since May 27th, 2008I am an RN,work on IV Team.
    Enjoying his little smiles
    So love being a momma!!
    <--Luka John, 9 months old.