Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lactose intolerance and more!

Default Re: lactose intolerance and more!

Thanks for all the support I feel much better!

Some babies are just gassier than others. If you have a stong letdown (gulping, milk spraying) that can be a culprit. If you truly had an issue with too much foremilk, you would be seeing mostly green, frothy poops (not just an occassional one.) Here's some info on foremilk/hindmilk production you might find helpful. http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fo...-hindmilk.html A lot of times at the end of they day, babies are nursing for comfort as much as for the milk, so if he's content to stay on one side, you could just leave him there until he comes off, then offer the other.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

Yep, green poop can mean too much foremilk which can be cause by switching too soon or not allowing baby to empty one breast. Before you stop nursing for 2 weeks, try to see if anything changes when you live him on until he empties one breast. Remember that he does not have to take both breasts at a feeding. Just start with the fuller breast for the second feeding.
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

Also foremilk is very high in lactose so if you're switching too soon it may be the reason why he's gassy.
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com