Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 5mo wont eat!!!

Default 5mo wont eat!!!

hi, my 5mo son lately is not interested in eatting, he will eat for 5 min and then is looking all arround and on and off the breast. i had posted the other week cuz it was annoying me that we would do this but now it is starting to concern me. he only eats about 5-6 times a day for, like i said, about 5min each (5 min of good sucking and swallowing the rest is goofing off) he has about 4-6 wet diapers a day and 1 poo a day, poo is yeallow and seedy in color, i have been trying to offer him the breast more often, but most of the time if he is not hungry he will not eat. i have offered him a bottle after i feed him occasionally and he will guzzle down 4 oz, i dont like doing this cuz i know it will not help my supply. he other wise is happy and healthy, his weight gain has been slow but consistent adn the dr said she is not worried about it. he sleeps through the night so he is not feeding for a good 10hrs at night time. im just concerned that he is not getting enought to eat adn grow, at his age my dd who was ff, was drinking between 30-40 oz a day, and i cant beleive that he is getting near that much. he doesent seem to be dehydrated, as his mouth is always wet adn he slobers adn drools all the time. im worried about this adn i guess i jsut need soem reassurance. thanks to anyone who can help, sorry so long
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

Default Re: 5mo wont eat!!!

As long as he seems content and is having proper diaper output I'd say he is just fine. They become very distractable at that age and want to look around. Also, my DS became an extremely efficient nurser right around that time and could nurse in 5 or less minutes as well.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

thanks! would you say 4-6 wet diapers and 1 poo is proper output??
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

I believe so. According to this link http://kellymom.com/bf/supply/enoughmilk-older.html.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09