Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: white noise?

Default white noise?

does anyone have any recommendations for a white noise machine or cd? i used to run the noisy warm mist humidifier, but with the hot weather we've been having i purchased a new cool mist humidifier and it is super quiet...

dh gets home late and his office is just below the baby room and i guess the floors/walls are thin b/c lo gets stirred awake by the noises sometimes.

Default Re: white noise?

I've had some friends use those cheap-o little oscillating fans and just point them toward a corner or something if it was already cool in the room. We use the bathroom fan a lot
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

I put a cheap radio on a fuzz station.

We have a conair white noise machine. Got it at Target in the health and beauty section for like $10. Totally worth it.
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Quote Originally Posted by CmasEveMom View Post
    I've had some friends use those cheap-o little oscillating fans and just point them toward a corner or something if it was already cool in the room. We use the bathroom fan a lot
    haha... i've been using the bathroom fan a lot, too. our electric bill is already going through the roof, so getting worried about using that too much.

Quote Originally Posted by carpentergirl View Post
    I put a cheap radio on a fuzz station.
    i tried this ...found a staticy station and put the volume up....scared baby (and myself) when all of a sudden reception came through and music blared!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
    We have a conair white noise machine. Got it at Target in the health and beauty section for like $10. Totally worth it.
    wow! i've been looking online (amazon, nextag....) and cheapest was like 30-40 bucks....i'm going to have to check that out! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
    just checked their website and they don't seem to have it. shucks.... maybe they don't carry it anymore. did you get it a while ago?

We got a great Conair one through Amazon for $15-20. Lots of settings and a timer.
    Fran
    Mom to Anna, March 28, 2008

I have a sleep sheep http://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Sleep-Sh.../dp/B000GKWA66 and I love it because I can put it on the bed with him (we cosleep) and later when he starts sleeping in his crib, I can hook it on to his crib as well. The only thing I don't like is that I have to reset it every 40 minutes, but I also use soft music as well as the sleep sheep so once the sleep sheep times out it's not dead quiet.