Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: fenugreek/pregnancy

Default fenugreek/pregnancy

I have been trying to relactate for 16 days, taking fenugreek 610mg six capsules a day and pumping 10x a day.

I just found today that I am pregnant (holy cow, we were NOT TTC AT ALL!) and I know fenugreek is contraindicated in pregnancy, so I am stopping it immediately, but my ? is, if anyone knows or has articles (can't find any on my own through google), how harmful is it, what I have already taken? I know I'm not more than 3-4 weeks along because I tested last week when I felt queasy and got a BFN. Is the only harm because it stimulates the uterus? I hope I haven't done anything harmful to the baby.

Default Re: fenugreek/pregnancy

Congratulations! I guess ! First, stop using them ASAP. Second try not too worried too much now, you already took them and there's nothing you can do. If you are feeling OK chances are that everything would be fine. Fenugreek could be very dangerous if taken while pregnant, it can cause to have a miscarriage, that's all I know. I'm going to parse this link, it talks about a mother experience with Fenugreek and pregnancy. And again, don't be alarmed, you don't need any added stress.

http://lalecheleague.org/vbulletin/s...ight=fenugreek

I am no medical expert by any means, but I remember I when I found out I was pregnant I was already like 6 weeks along. I had no idea, never kept track ok my period and felt no pregnancy symptoms. Anyway, before I knew I had gone out partying a lot with my friends and was drinking a lot during the weekends (ironically more in that time period then I usually ever do in like 6 months). When I found out I told my doctor and he said not to worry. He mentioned something about how a fetus doesn't "latch" or "root" untill the second month or so (he may have used some other word but it was along those lines) and not to worry about it. I am sure you will be fine! Congrats!!!! BTW, how old is your youngest now? How close are they going to be?

thanks to you both for the quick reply. i took it at lunch and tested at dinnertime so i haven't (and won't) take any more. i'm probably going to stop the pumping too since i'm only getting 1 ounce every 24 hours (10 pumpings) and it's been at that level for almost a week now.

my son is 5 1/2 months old. he was born february 10th (a month early). this one will be due (i'm guessing) end of the march, early april. so, about 13 or 14 months apart! i also have a daughter, she was exactly 3 years old when my son was born.

sheesh. it's a bit overwhelming right now! :

I am so excited for you! I am aching for another one! My husband is overwhelmed with the one we have now. ( well we both are, its our first and she is just three months). Maybe I just miss being pregnant!

Drea, I think I felt that way in the first 2-3 months after Truman was born, but now at 5, almost 6, months, that feeling waned. Of course now I am pregnant and have to feel that way! We definitely wanted a third child but were thinking more like 2 years apart. Ah, well, we're happy no matter what, just not totally sure what we're going to do about specifics, yk? Gotta get a bigger car if we will have 3 car seats, gotta update insurance, stuff like that. At least with having one girl and one boy, we are pretty set on clothes and stuff like that! It'll happen for you guys when the time is right, I'm sure. (Apparently the time was right for me but I just didn't know it!)