Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help...

Default Re: need help...

Talk to your ped about the constipation. Maybe a spoonful of flax oil would help, or perhaps even a stool softener (one designed to be taken on an ongoing basis -- they come as a powder that you mix with a food or drink). Or maybe you would only need a stool softener until baby is eating more fibery things (prunes, applesauce) and oily things (avocado).

Hope it's going well. Grats to you for keeping it going as long as you could.
    Lollie
    Mommy to Juni 7 and Jas 5
    Too lazy to use a crib, bottle-feed, wean, or pack school bags

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lollie View Post
    Talk to your ped about the constipation. Maybe a spoonful of flax oil would help, or perhaps even a stool softener (one designed to be taken on an ongoing basis -- they come as a powder that you mix with a food or drink). Or maybe you would only need a stool softener until baby is eating more fibery things (prunes, applesauce) and oily things (avocado).

Hope it's going well. Grats to you for keeping it going as long as you could.
    Thanks for the kind words and advice. I've been talking to the peds. I have done all they have suggested and tomorrow when we have his follow up I will ask about your suggestions. He went yesterday but it was only a dime sized a mount, he did this 2 times.

UGH why do babies have to go through all of this???

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

You may also want to see about adding pear juice. It was what kept my two regular.
    Nancy
    Mom to Elijah & Audrey 9/19/06
    Twin GERDlings

for 21 mo