Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Embarrassing Moment

Red face Embarrassing Moment

I got my medela Lactina on the 13th and so far i have more milk droppies(milk just comes to the surface of nipple, not accually falls yet bit its a start right?)
    Although last night i was pumping before bed in my recliner. I had it kicked back and was on my side(the was lexi used to love to nurse, i thought that maybe if i try to pump in positions that we nursed in it wouldnt feel so much as a chore, holding them things gets tiring..lol) Well i had it on a low sucsion, I fell asleep. I woke up 45 min later and they were still in the same spot( i had a makeshift holder-the bottom of my nursing bra folded in half up to the bulb of the horn) I was so scared and then amazed that it was still in place and that i didnt hurt myself, i guess having it on min suc that helped. But when i woke up later in the night i hooked back up to the pump and fell asleep again.
    Maybe i whould try a diffrent position, since i get to compfy.
    Is it just me or does anyone else get sleepy when they pump? I though that maybe it was the hormones doing the right thing that caused it?
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz

Default Re: Embarrassing Moment

Oh, I remember those early days when I was pumping for low supply, and every little droplet that came out was a HUGE victory.

I think you're probably right that it's hormone-related - they are supposed to relax you. I don't think I could have ever fallen asleep pumping though - it was too icky-feeling.