Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is there a reason why I shouldn't eat peanut butter?

Default Re: Is there a reason why I shouldn't eat peanut butter?

A little off topic but.....

A good use for Peanut butter: When you buy something that has a sticker and you pull it off and get that sticky residue left over and then dirt sticks to it and it gets really gross. Well take some peanut butter on a paper towel and rub it on the sticky part. The sticky stuff comes off and your item is clean and undamaged. Works great
    Kim

Claire 08/27/06 7lbs 11 onces 21 in.
    Addison (Addi) 10/17/08 8lbs 11 ounces 21 in.

I ate lots of peanut butter while pregnant and nursing and my dd started eating it at one year....dd2....at 8 mos.....no problems. No family history of allergies (food or other).
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebie View Post
    My OB told me it was OK to eat peanut butter while pregnant because all the food gets broken down to its most basic components for the fetus (protein, fat, carbohydrate). It's when you're breastfeeding that the allergenic properties get passed along to the baby. Of course, now that I'm trying not to eat it is when I crave it! I'll probably go on a PB binge when I stop nursing.

My ds is G6PD deficient. Does that mean I should avoid beans (fava, soy, etc) while I'm bfing?? I love beans and so far my ds has been fine but I don't want to continue eating them if the allergens really get passed along through my bmilk.
    Last edited by JCV2008; May 18th, 2008 at 08:29 PM.