Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not getting a let down????? HELP

Default Re: Not getting a let down????? HELP

We are doing much better now. my hubby is getting her to sleep and then giving her to me and she is nursing for a while. So we are doing what we can. I am confined to the couch now more then i was before. They dont want to use crutches very much because i am not suppose to be lifting anything over 5 pounds so crutchs would be lifting MY body weight. I have really gotten myself in a fix. Who has things like this happen surgery and then brakes their leg. Come on give me a brake. I am so stressed out and in so much pain it is rediculous. I will let everyone know how we are doing later

Smile Re: Not getting a let down????? HELP

how old is your daughter? over a year right? Usually the "let down" phase decreased as they get older...I am sure that is it. My daughter is almost 13 mths old and i still breastfeed. My doctor told me it is a comfort thing right now. I brest feed my son for 15mnths and it is very similar this ime around.

Default Re: Not getting a let down????? HELP

I was having the same problem after being bit by my 9m/o son...I tried something called "Rescue Remedy". You can get it at any health food store or even Fred Meyer. It really helped for me and after not being able to let down for over 12 hours...I let down in just a couple of minutes!

Best of luck to you...