Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not getting a let down????? HELP

Default Not getting a let down????? HELP

Ok I have just had my galbladder removed on the 14th. for some reason since i have been home i have only been able to get my milk to let down 2 times. My DD is getting up set and i end up having o give her a cup or bottle because she is not getting the rush like she wants. I thought maybe it was from the meds and i am hopeing that it will get better soon. I am still able to pump about 5 ounces without a let down so i guess that is a good thing. If anyone has any advice on what i should do to help this out let me know. Or if you have had the same things happen.

Default Re: Not getting a let down????? HELP

I bet the stress..
    what meds are you on?

keep drinking a lot of water and I agree stress doesn't help at all. Have you tried visualizaton techniques? Obviously with your LO eating, you can visualize something else (like a waterfall of milk or visualize the milk coming down). I'm sorry, I'm sure this is frustrating.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Okay, I just reread your post. 5 oz without a let-down!?! You are my hero

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I have been so up set about not getts a let down that I have been pumping a good bit. She getts up set and does not want to eat from me and i have been scared that i was going to loose my milk. I have been doing as much as i can to keep it up. I hope that as i recover everything will fall back into place.

the meds i forgot. I had the general anasitha(sp) when they put me out for the surgery (same as i got for my c section) I had to be put out completly. and after i am on percocet for the pain.

maybe weaning off the percocets and try something else...
    they make my mil very depressed.

that is just not an option more now then before. i was coming down the stairs earlier and fell and broke my left leg. i am not doing well at all.

Get plenty of rest- drink water, eat protein and green leafy veggies, and take your prenatals or multi vit. The good thing is that not getting a let down is only a temporary thing. Just give it a few days and you will be back to normal.

Your supply is well established by now you won't lose your milk. Just try and remove it by either nursing or pumping as much as you can, but don't forget to rest too! Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

5 ounces is a good amount!
    Your baby is 9-10 months old? What type of bottles, how often now? How often are you removing milk?