Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help me help a friend! Growth chart question and more..

Default Help me help a friend! Growth chart question and more..

I emailed a friend of mine who just had a baby, and sent her the LLL forum link
    she is having a bit of trouble, her baby is almost 3 weeks old. Any one have links to growth charts for a breatfed baby?
    here is the message she sent me, any advice i could send her way? I feel so out of it when it comes to newborn stuff, i hardly remember those days!

We actually are breast feeding, and believe me I wouldn't take offense if we weren't. It can be difficult at first, and we still have our days. Kenzie is picky about her food, she perfers the right over the left one any day. Crazy kid! I think the hardest part is the fact that we are feeding all of the time, but it seems the weight doesn't want to come on. So, between feedings, the doctor instructed me to pump to make sure I am completly empty, and then give her the bottle after the feedings. So, it seems like every hour I have to get pumped one way or another. But, I am sure she will be putting on weight soon, they say it does take a while for breast feeding moms. I just keep in mind that if she wasn't getting enough to eat, she would be a lot fussier then what she is. She is a very content little girl, so I feel we have nothing to worry about. Thanks for the advice, and keep it coming
    Last edited by hlstevens; May 15th, 2008 at 08:22 PM.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Default Re: Help me help a friend! Growth chart question and more..

Hi,
    So did I miss something? I am unclear what information you are looking for...
    Ok I see you edited. Hold on then...

Here are the bf baby growth charts http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns...wthcharts.html.

In order to properly direct your friend toward information, first find out the baby's birth weight, then the lowest weight, then the age and weight now.

Find out how often they are nursing, and how many wet diapers the baby has during a 24 hour period.

Ask the mother if she had any labor or birthing complications- any drugs or hemorrhage.

Find out what the mother thinks the problem might be.

Thank you Serena! I will email that to her, i think her main concern is weight gain. I'm going to see if I can get more info.

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

healthy baby removes milk much beter then the pump.
    ITs good the doctor is watching baby but maybe the bottle will become part of the problem.