Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pain at five months

Default Pain at five months

Just during this past week nursing has become rather painful at times. Did any one else go through this with their lo around the 5 mo mark?? I want to blame it on the fact that she is teething (her first tooth is just barely breaking the surface of her gums right in front). But i dont know. She seems to be latching more shallow and only pulling on the nipple during part of her feeding. It makes me resent having to feed her at times b/c i almost cringe thinking about how uncomfortable its going to be. Sometimes i just end the feeding session (though she seems about done at that point) just so i can give my boob a break!

Well just thought Id vent. I am proud that we have made it 5 months...shooting for six before introducing solids.

Default Re: Pain at five months

could you be having another baby?

I was thinking it was probably just the teething, those little teeth are so sharp when they are just coming out. But what about AF? I almost can't stand for my lo to nurse the week or so before AF comes.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

I hope it has nothing to do with plugged ducts?
    Is the pain only there when you are nursing? If yes, then it's just probably the latch and her teething. Try pushing her more against your breast so she takes in more of the areola.
    I suffered from mastitis myself when my baby was 3 months. But I persisted and now I'm still bfeeding him at 18mos.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    could you be having another baby?
    my first thought exactly. Are you certain you are not pregnant?