Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: oatmeal?

Default oatmeal?

My lo is 7+ mos old. I haven't tried oatmeal yet, but am wondering if I have to grind it up first or use baby oatmeal, or can she just have regular runny oatmeal? Is it easier for them to digest when ground up or is it just a texture thing to be closer to a puree?

Default Re: oatmeal?

I did get the Earth's Best oatmeal cereal (a great deal at Target) and used that some with DD at first. Then, when I would make oatmeal for myself, I would just grind up some for her in my mini food processor after it was cooked. Now, I just mash some up for her with a fork. I don't know if this is the "right" thing to do, but she loves it and I haven't noticed any problems from it. DD is almost 8 months old.
    Jen, momma to Charlotte Rae born 9/25/07

Still breastfeeding !

and !

We went straight to cooked whole oats around 7 months. Cooked in filtered water. You can add breastmilk to it aswell.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    We went straight to cooked whole oats around 7 months. Cooked in filtered water. You can add breastmilk to it aswell.

Yup me too... just used regular oats.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!