Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thrush Again???

Default Thrush Again???

Anyone out there struggle with thrush (both in you and in your LO)? Would love to hear encouraging stories of women who actually got past it and continued to BF pain free!!
    Last edited by BBB's Mom; May 15th, 2008 at 03:43 PM.

Default Re: Thrush Again???

Tell us more about what is going on with you and your baby. Many women push through Thrush for full recovery and breastfeed pain free.

Red face Re: Thrush Again???

Sorry - I posted out of complete frustration
    I had a yeast infection in my breast - it was so unbelievably painful! - but baby and I were both treated for it and doing better so I went to a LC to try and find ways to deal with my LO's high palate. While there, the LC said that my LO has thrush. So, baby and I are being treated again. I was just frustrated because I thought I had been so careful to treat everything correctly the first time (boil everything daily, wash clothes in vinegar / bleach, threw away EBM, adjusted my diet, and took probiotics) and it still returned. So, here we are again doing it all over and hoping that it works this time and we are able to rid ourselves of this for good. (But each time I feel a slight pain in my breast, I panic thinking the infection in me has returned.) I kept hoping that by 6 weeks we would be sailing smoothly with BFing like with my last one, maybe by 8 weeks??
    Thanks for listening!
    -ing Mom to:
    Breanna 2/26/02 BF 2 months
    Bailey 9/19/05 BF 6 months
    Brayden 4/3/08 BF 4 months and counting

I love this site!!
    's to all the Mommies out there

I just backed off the meds and I can tell my thrush is back again too. I understand. Have you read the Jack Newman articles at Kellymom? I am going to ask for APNO from my doc today. Many people says that really works.
    Mom to
    Carlie 4/3/08 - bf - Allergic to milk determined by allergy testing. Adding wheat, egg, & soy to my diet.
    Allergen free diet until 6 months. No gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, nuts, treenuts, seafood, and fish for mommy as a preventative.
    Birth - 9lbs. 1oz., 20 1/2"
    6 months - 19lbs. 15oz.

Peter 8/31/05 - bf/ebf until 14 months, was allergic to wheat and milk but outgrown these allergies. Eczema brought on by berries.
    and

Yes, I have read that (I feel like I have read almost everything if that is possible ) - I was also thinking about asking my DR for the APNO. I go see her next week (Friday) so please, if you get it, let me know if it works for you! I hope that we both are able to get rid of this - and quickly!!
    -ing Mom to:

I love this site!!

The APNO ultimately ended up saving me! I was so ready to quit from the pain of the thrush (and a host of other problems), but once I started using the APNO I could see a light at the end of the tunnel. I think DD was around 8 weeks when I realized that bfing was "tolerable" for me, for the first time since she was born, and now at almost 5 months I love it and plan to keep going for quite a while. You can make it!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

I have heard that same thing from a couple of people today.....so I guess first thing Monday morning I will be calling the DR to ask about getting APNO. Hopefully it will do the trick for us!!

tweetykl - Did you get some yet?
    -ing Mom to:

I love this site!!

Do you have any thoughts on Genetian Violet use? Have you given any thought to reinfection from dh in intimate contact? It happens. Thrush likes to share the love too, so it can easily go from your chest to your partner, then back to you again.

LLL's reference on Thrush: http://www.llli.org/NB/NBMayJun93p83.html
    Last edited by carpentergirl; May 16th, 2008 at 10:34 PM.

My doc ended up in surgery and then delivering 2 babies instead of being able to make the appt. I hope I can get hold of her. She is on call this weekend so I think I am going to call her.

I have done gentian violet and it almost got rid of it for us. Be careful because it really stains. I dropped my bottle in the sink and it splashed on the walls. I now have to repaint.
    Mom to
    Carlie 4/3/08 - bf - Allergic to milk determined by allergy testing. Adding wheat, egg, & soy to my diet.
    Allergen free diet until 6 months. No gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, nuts, treenuts, seafood, and fish for mommy as a preventative.
    Birth - 9lbs. 1oz., 20 1/2"
    6 months - 19lbs. 15oz.

Peter 8/31/05 - bf/ebf until 14 months, was allergic to wheat and milk but outgrown these allergies. Eczema brought on by berries.
    and

I have thought about gentian violet - but was really hoping not to resort to that because of the mess. If APNO doesn't work, I may have to try it though.

As far as dh being the problem - who has time for intimate contact with three little ones around Sleep is so much more valuable to me at this point. Thanks for the heads up though - b/c I didn't know that!

Anyone know about freezing EBM when the lo has thrush? I know that when I had the infection, I couldn't use frozen BM due to reinfection - but what about when it is the baby that has the infection? Should I still avoid freezing the BM? I have to go back to work in a week and was hoping to have some ready. (I think I will post this in pumping / milk storage section too to see if anyone knows.)
    -ing Mom to:

I love this site!!