Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby won't take one side and now milk is drying up. Help!!

Angry Baby won't take one side and now milk is drying up. Help!!

I have been breast feeding my son for 4 months now. He has always had a problem with my right breast, which hasnt been as bad of a problem until now. My right breast doesnt seem to be producing much milk at all. Everytime I try and put him on it he'll either turn his head away and cry, or latch but keep pulling away and relatching. Im really worried at this point because I would like to build up the milk supply in my right breast again. I have a hard time letting my milk down without him sucking so the pump hasnt been much help at this point. Any advice??

Thanks

Default Re: Baby won't take one side and now milk is drying up. Help!!

to you.

It may comfort you to know that many mothers, for whatever reason, are able to fully breastfeed their babies using only one side. That being said, it sounds like your little one may be uncomfortable nursing on that side. Varying nursing positions can help. Try sidelying or the clutch/football hold. You might consider nursing him on that side when he is very sleepy, in a sling, or in a warm bath with you.

Also, many mothers find that an adjustment by a chiropractor who specializes in treating infants can be a help when baby nurses well on one side but not on the other.

HTH. Hang in there and keep us posted!

Tiana