Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Something seems different - baby sick? Something I ate?

Default Something seems different - baby sick? Something I ate?

For 2 days now my 5wk son has BF differently. He eats for short amount of time before he falls asleep. While he is eating he has a lot of saliva being produced. At night when I put him down he ends up waking and sounds like he has liquid in his throat and sounds like he is gargling and lots of snorting but nothing coming out when suctioned. During the day he is ok. Also, he looks like he may have a tummy ache or acid reflux maybe due to something I ate? How do you know if something you had is effecting the baby? And when does it leave the milk and return to normal?

I may go see the doc tomorrow.

Thanks
    Last edited by mommybean; May 15th, 2008 at 02:52 AM.
    Proud mother to a 24 wk preemie girl, born 9/6/04 and to a full term baby boy, born 4/9/08.

Default Re: Something seems different - baby sick? Something I ate?

just FYI - reason I worry about indigestion is tuesday I have some garlic for lunch and something spicy for dinner and also exercised.
    Proud mother to a 24 wk preemie girl, born 9/6/04 and to a full term baby boy, born 4/9/08.

Default Re: Something seems different - baby sick? Something I ate?

sounds like reflux, with the gurgling upon waking, and more saliva produced in response to acid presence. How are diapers? No other signs/symptoms of a cold or respiratory thing that would be causing post nasal drip?