Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby with Urinary Infection

Default Baby with Urinary Infection

Hi girls... a friend of mine has her baby with urinary infecction... it has fever since money on and off... the baby is on actibiotics but I wish I could do more for her and the baby girl... the baby is 9 months old, dont know the name of the medication... is there something I could do to confort her??

Default Re: Baby with Urinary Infection

Comfort mom or the baby? Does mom say baby is uncomfortable? How long has she been on the meds?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

The baby still has fever on and off.. the baby is been on meds since monday 5/12/08... confort for both... the baby is feeling terribly she cries all the time, she is not eating I feel so bad for her... both

gosh - meds since monday??? she "should" be feeling much better. Can mom take her back in to make sure it's not something else???
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I called her to find out... the dr just sujected to keep giving her Antibiotics... I am worry... should I subjest to take her to the hospital...

I wouldn't suggesting to having her stop the abx - no way there is something going on for sure. She knows her baby best - and if it were me and my doc said UTI and then I had baby on meds for 4 days and baby was still suffering *I'd* go to the doc again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson

She took the baby to the hospital cause the fever was too high she sai... baby still in the hospital but is doing much better... the fever is gone... She said they called her pedi but he never maid it to the hospital... so weird... any ways the baby is doing better... hopefully will go home soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Sambarou View Post
    She took the baby to the hospital cause the fever was too high she sai... baby still in the hospital but is doing much better... the fever is gone... She said they called her pedi but he never maid it to the hospital... so weird... any ways the baby is doing better... hopefully will go home soon....
    I'm glad she trusted her gut to take her in

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson