Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: feed a cold??

Default feed a cold??

my lo seems to have a slight cough & runny nose.

i know he's too young for medicine (4 months old)...does the same rule apply as with adults? feed a cold? should i just nurse nurse nurse? any other tips?

we already have a warm mist humidifier, but b/c it's getting so warm, thinking of getting a cool mist one...any recommendations? i don't mind a slighty noisy one either that creates a white noise, like te one we have already.
    tia

Default Re: feed a cold??

Nurse when ever he wants. It sounds like you have everything covered. If there is no fever I say don't stress and keep nursing away.
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Madilyn'sMommy View Post
    Nurse when ever he wants. It sounds like you have everything covered. If there is no fever I say don't stress and keep nursing away.
    thanks!
    his cough is getting a little more raspy and it seems like he's getting more flem too. hopefully the humidifier i just got will help clear it.

I hope your lo begins feeling better real soon! My DS (6 weeks) seems to have a cold too - runny nose, watery eyes, coughing and sneezing. It is hard to watch.

Here's hoping both our LOs get healthy real soon!!!

squirting some breast milk straight to his nose helps. breastmilk is a good antiseptic. it just needs to go straight from the source, if you put it in the cup, it starts attacking bacteria in the cup and looses it's power

I'm a big believer in vitamin C, so when I think we've been exposed, I take my regular vitamins and extra vitamin C, drink plenty and get lots of rest so that I can make plenty of antibodies for baby! So far it's worked...almost 6 months and she's never had more than a day of slightly stuffy nose.