Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: under weight??

Default under weight??

we just had ds at drs for his 4mo appt and he weighed 11lbs 11oz and that was at the hospital, while the dr was not concerned about his weight, i am, he was born at 38weeks adn was 5lbs 13oz at birth, he has been gaining consistently since birth, his lowest weight was only 5lbs 11oz, he eats great and sleeps well adn everything in between, pee and poops are fine to, i dont know why im concerned but i am, sorry guess i just had to tell someone, dh thinks im worrying about nothign, (which i prolly am, i like to do that)
    birth 5lb 13oz
    2weeks 6lb 9oz
    4weeks 7lb 8oz
    2mo 9lb 5oz
    4mo 11lb 11oz

DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

Smile Re: under weight??

I just wanted you to know that my daughter was born at 38 weeks also and was 5 lbs, 12 ozs at birth. Her lowest was 5 lbs, 3 ozs. She just turned 3 months on Sunday and is 10 pounds. So, there are other babies out there on the lean side! Just thought that may comfort you. My daughter is full of life, spunk, smiles, and is reaching all her milestones plus some. Just keep watching your son, does he have enough wet/dirty diapers? Is he alert, happy, content and reaching his milestones?
    Relax if he is, breastfed babies are not only leaner babies, but they gain weight slower. Have a good day!

Default Re: under weight??

Sounds like she's doing great to me. She's doubled her birth weight which is great! My Dr said as long as they do that by 6 mo. My DD was born at 6 14 and was 13 lbs even at 4 mo. Now at 5 1/2 she's 15 3 and doing everything she should be. Don't worry momma you are doing a great job!!

Mom to Lucy born 11/28/07

, at home and , at work

My DD was born at 40 weeks, weighed 5 lbs, 0 oz. At her 4 month check up she weighed in at 11 lbs 7 oz and my doctor was very happy. She's doing great, happy, thriving. We are not worried!

thanks everyon, guess i just needed some reassurance!
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

sounds just fine to me. Just BF on demand and they will take in what they need... There is a huge range of what is normal. Keep up the good work mama!

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

@llli*emama is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

That sounds like good weight gain to me. And sometimes babies plateau a bit in their weight gain at about 4 or 5 months so don't panic.

My LO is 10 months old and not even 13 pounds! She was born 4 lbs 4 oz.

I was told that babies should be roughly about double their birth weight by around 4 months and your little one is so sounds fine. Its natural to worry but if the doc is happy and baby is pooing/wetting nappies fine and is happy between feeds then seems like all is well