Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Supply is dropping

Unhappy Supply is dropping

A lil background info: my son started solids at 6 months and is now eating breakfast and lunch. He has 3 bottle swhile at daycare and nurses about 3 times while we are at home. I pump 4 times during the day while we are apart. I was able to pump 3-4 ounces a session now I am lucky to get 2. My period did start about 2-3 months ago and I have had 2 periods. I just got over my second period so it shouldn't be from the hormones. I was able to pump anywhere from 5-9 ounces for my first morning pump session say in the beginning of march, now I am only getting 3-4. What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix it....or is this a normal occurence once they do start taking solids? TIA

Default Re: Supply is dropping

Naomi, our sons were born on the same date, and it appears we're having the same issues. I am getting one to two less ounces when I pump now that my period has returned and Alex has started on solids. I started taking Fenugreek and it seems to have helped a bit. He's still gaining, so I am not too worried about it, but I will be glad when I can finally retire the pump! Good luck to you.

This resource might have something to offer you gals

Let us know.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

My son is about 2 weeks younger than yours, and I'm experiencing the same drop in supply concurrent with:
    1. letting daycare start feeding solids while he's away from me and
    2. starting to sleep through the night.

It's frustrating, but I'm starting to accept it.

This week, I have just sent him to daycare with 2-3 ounces less than what I was previously sending. There haven't been any complaints from daycare that he is hungry with the reduced milk, so I'm hoping that all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by atsf49 View Post
    This week, I have just sent him to daycare with 2-3 ounces less than what I was previously sending. There haven't been any complaints from daycare that he is hungry with the reduced milk, so I'm hoping that all is well.
    I have been doing the same. I am glad to know that I am not alone in this. I guess I just shouldn't worry to much because he is happy and growing.