Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day 4 and no milk!!!

Default Re: Day 4 and no milk!!!

Congratulations!

How are things going now?

Have you checked out our forum for multiples? It's below this one.

Oh man, you would not believe..... I thought I had post partum pre-eclampsia. Turns out, I had congestive heart failure and pneumonia! I went back into the hospital for another week. I had it bad!! Was making gurgling sounds when I would lay down at night. Couldn't breathe anymore. I was afraid to go to. The OB is acting like it's all post partum and I'm over-reacting. The heart doctor says that nothing about heart failure says post partum... He couldn't believe they blew me off like that..
    In any case, my milk did come in. But by now, my husband doesn't have any faith in my milk. I would be feeding the babies and he would be standing over me with two bottles of formula so they could get a real meal when I was done. Like I was "playing" mommy, and he would patiently stand by and make sure the kids didn't suffer to much from the game... Oh well. To make it easier, I just pump and feed them. It helps for him to see the bottles full. As long as they get it right??? It's all about the health.. In any case, thanks for all your support, it sure does help.
    Blessings

oh man that was a trial!
    Glad you are doing beter.

So sorry to hear about your health concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejesus14
    But by now, my husband doesn't have any faith in my milk. I would be feeding the babies and he would be standing over me with two bottles of formula so they could get a real meal when I was done. Like I was "playing" mommy, and he would patiently stand by and make sure the kids didn't suffer to much from the game... Oh well. To make it easier, I just pump and feed them. It helps for him to see the bottles full. As long as they get it right??? It's all about the health.. In any case, thanks for all your support, it sure does help.
    Blessings
    Is there any way you can talk to him and ask him to be more supportive? It is twice as much work for you to pump, wash the pump parts, wash the bottles, and then feed the milk to the babies. As the little ones get older, nursing can become your "secret weapon" - a cure all for any ailment. Also, all the cuddling involved with nursing is just wonderful for them. In addition, nursing helps the jaw/facial development of infants.

You can count diapers to make sure they are getting enough. http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/enough.html
    Last edited by jentut; August 17th, 2006 at 08:49 AM.