Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Noises with bowel movements...

Question Noises with bowel movements...

I can't believe I am actually posting something about my newborns bowel movements. My son is 4 1/2 and he had the same issues during the year that I nursed him. My daughter was at a friends with me today, she is 6 weeks old, and had a bowel movement. The noise actually scared my friend it was so loud. I remember with my son, you could be in another room and hear the shooting noice, like a very, very loud wet fart.

My friend nursed both of her kids as well and claimed she had NEVER heard of such a noise. Now I am wondering if this is normal or some type of gassy issue? If someone could please let me know if this is normal, she does it almost every time she goes. It has actually waking me up from a sound sleep.

Default Re: Noises with bowel movements...

you can hear my 1 month old son through the entire house. doubt it has to do with BF
    Proud mother to a 24 wk preemie girl, born 9/6/04 and to a full term baby boy, born 4/9/08.

Ashley used to wake the dead with his! He did it in the Registrars Office when I went to register him and there was a huge wedding party all standing waiting for the bride to come in. They all turned and glared at me like I had made the noise!!!
    Karli, Besotted mother of Ashley,8lb 9oz - 9th May 2007 and Fae 8lb 11oz 17th Feb 2010, both born at home, naturally.

Nappy-free @ 18 months EC'ing rocks!
    Just leave it alone.

my daughter jeniferlynn is now 18 days old and shes the same same way! man its so so loud!!! we heard her today in my OBs office over all the noise of the office staff and the people comming in to be seen lol..
    my boys both breastfeed when they where younger and they never made the loud poopy soundsbut she does

We know exactly when to change my LO, nearly seven weeks, after a bm because you can hear it across the house. Loud splurting noise. Takes the guess work out of diapering!
    Fran
    Mom to Anna, March 28, 2008

Same deal with my little guy. I could hear it in another room! We asked our pediatrician b/c we were concerned too. She said it is completely normal and just their body getting used to things. He's 12 weeks now and we can't even hear them anymore so he grew out of it. I'm guessing your little one will to!

As long as my LO is only on BM his poops always sound like this. It sounds like a freakin' fog horn. Before solids you could only hear his poops and not smell it... now that he's on solids we never hear it, only smell it.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Hahaha! Um, our daughter has been that way since day one. When we first took her home, I thought hubby was blaming her. They only time I get concerned is if she cries right after. My daughter has acid reflux so we are careful about any gas issues just to be on the safe side.

I guess some babies are louder than others is all. lol