Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Losing milk

Unhappy Losing milk

Hello,

I just had my third little girl and the first 2 weeks I had more milk than she could handle but now I am loosing it. I barely get 2 oz from both sides combined and that is after 3-4 hours of not nursing. The baby was getting very upset when she would nurse and now I can see why. Luckily I did have 16 oz froze from pumping in the 1st week but I am concerned that I am going to loose it all together.
    Does anyone have a suggestion to get my supply back?

Default Re: Losing milk

You can't judge how much you make by how much you pump. Just keep nursing. The more you nurse, ther more you will make.

Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility. ~ Kate Douglas Wiggin

You may still be trying to regulate your supply. When me baby was this young, I would nurse him as often as I could and keep him close (napping, even sleeping w/ him). Also, I've heard oatmeal helps to increase supply (have not boticed a difference with me though). Right now I'm pumping evey 2 hours to increase my supply, but since your baby is so young, I thinkj very often feeding (demand) will increase your supply. Good luck!
    Chasity

I lost my milk supply because I was in the hospital. It took me 2 weeks but I've finally rebuilt my supply by nursing at least once every hour my baby was awake and pumping in between, and also my doctor prescribed domperidone for me and I think that helped my milk come in alot sooner than it would have otherwise. I noticed my milk supply came in all of a sudden this past Sunday morning, I woke up and my breasts were nice and hard, i almost cried with joy!! I hope you are able to build your supply up again.

get LO to the breast as much as possible, compressions, oatmeal, drink plenty of water

Happily engaged to my best friend , Matthew
    1st time mama to Lucianna Dene' 3/29/08
    Exclusively and for 12 weeks and counting!!
    We discovered that we LOVE !

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz 21 in
    2 mo: 10 lbs 11 oz 23 in

**first in my family to bf!**