Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Bra to Bed?

Default Wearing Bra to Bed?

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone else has to wear a bra to bed because it is too painful not too? JUst checking to see if this is normal. I feel like my breast are 20 pounds each and the nipples are way too sensitive not to wear it.

and

Happy mothers day!!
    Proud mother to a 24 wk preemie girl, born 9/6/04 and to a full term baby boy, born 4/9/08.

Default Re: Wearing Bra to Bed?

I wear a bra to bed for that reason along with keeping pads on.
    Mom to
    Carlie 4/3/08 - bf - Allergic to milk determined by allergy testing. Adding wheat, egg, & soy to my diet.
    Allergen free diet until 6 months. No gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, nuts, treenuts, seafood, and fish for mommy as a preventative.
    Birth - 9lbs. 1oz., 20 1/2"
    6 months - 19lbs. 15oz.

Peter 8/31/05 - bf/ebf until 14 months, was allergic to wheat and milk but outgrown these allergies. Eczema brought on by berries.
    and

Mine aren't painful or anything, but they are heavy. I feel better with a bra on. I pretty much wear one all the time. I do sometimes wear a built in bra tank top or a nursing tank. I worry about them stretching and all..haha..I don't know. Thought I would share that

The stretch happens during pregnancy due to hormones that kick in to develop breast tissue.

If wearing a bra makes you comfy, thats great. Make sure there is no underwire and that it is not a tight fit. These two things factor heavily in cases of breast infection in the breastfeeding mother.

Yup. I wear a bra all the time. I have since the second trimester of my pregnancy just because my breasts were hurting. Like PP poster said though, my bras don't have underwires. Medela makes a bra with no underwire but is still pretty supportive.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I also wear mine 24/7. I look foward to showers more now then every before... it's the only time I can go braless. BUT as soon as I get out I have to put one one or they start to leak like crazy.

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

I always wear my bra to bed since I don't like my breasts to be moving around when I toss and turn. It has nothing to do with BF

Because I was an A cup before bf, I sort of enjoy the full C cup I am now. I tend not to wear anything these days, bra-less and all that. It's a matter of personal choice and comfort.
    When my son was an infant I was a DD and it felt more important then.

i wear one to bed because i don't like waking up to a cold wet t-shirt. if i didn't have to worry abt leaks i would love to set them free every now and then.

I wore a sleep bra when dd was younger, mainly to hold the pads in case of leaking. She's 7 mos and I don't leak any more, so I just go topless at night- we cosleep, so it's easier for her to find her late night snack anyway.