Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate BF

Default Re: I hate BF

Quote Originally Posted by nms327 View Post
    It sounds like she's gaining well, is your pediatrician concerned? As long as the wet diapers she's putting out are clear or pale yellow and otherwise active and happy I wouldn't put TOO much into how much she's peeing. Also, it's not always easy to tell depending on what type or diapers you are using.
    The ped isn't concerned, he noted that she is advanced in development. But I can't stop looking at who charts. Her diapers are clear in color, she is active (as much as 5 months old can be), she smiles and laughs a lot. Maybe she really isn't hungry when I latch her on. I never figured out her hunger cry. I just offer whenever it seems like she wants it, but I guess I am wrong a lot. lol
    I am happy that I have such a good ped and it seems like yours is good too! Thanks, it does help to hear that other small babies are doing great.

Awnja, I know what you are saying. I won't start solids yet, but I know I could give her some. I won't resort to formula, as long as I have milk, she'll get my milk.
    Thanks ladies, you calmed me down. Right now my DD nursed for 15 minutes or so and fell asleep. I guess sometimes I do love nursing.
    Tandeming mom to 2 years old DS and DD born on 15/12/2007

I sorry you are having such a hard time with bfing.Kudos to you for sticking with it though.
    I hope it all gets better for you. Even if it doesn't feel like it you are doing a great job, you're doing great.

I know that having a two year means you can't necessarily take your Lo to bed/nap often.To be honest this approach is time consuming. I hope you find something that works for you and your LO.

This is just something that occured to me. What if you waited longer between feedings (say 3 hours)? I know that you are really concerned that she's not getting enough, but you both seem really frustrated also. Maybe after 3 hours ( or sooner of course if she's really asking for it) she'd be hungry, nurse well, and take in a lot of milk. You could give it a try for one or two feedings and see if it helps, while still keeping track of diaper output.

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/bm.html

"After the first few days, a breastfed baby should have at least six to eight wet cloth diapers, or five to six disposables, in 24 hours. To gauge the wetness, pour 2-4 tablespoons (30-60 ml) of water on a dry diaper. This is how the normally wet diaper of a young baby feels. It is easier to judge wetness in cloth diapers. If you are using disposables, know that there is a wide variation in brands and types. One brand may not "feel wet" while another may feel soaked with the same amount of fluid. It may be helpful to place a facial tissue inside the diaper to help judge wetness."

HTHs

Zemira'smommy, I hold her during the naps and let her nurse as long as she needs to, my 2 years old is then allowed to watch DVD's. But she falls asleep and doesn't nurse that long. We co-sleep, but she doesn't wake up enough to feed.

Homeandhappy, you know I was thinking about this too. I am not sure if it will help, because after she wakes up and hasn't nursed in hours, she doesn't really nurse long. I jsut don't knwo anymore.
    Tandeming mom to 2 years old DS and DD born on 15/12/2007