Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reglan ?

Default Re: Reglan ?

Tried most of this. Some of it was not easy to do since I have other kids and as for not using the bottle, I have a bottle that was recomended by my LC and it has helped with him latching on better. Have not tried the Blessed thistle or the beer and I don't like oatmeal but in cookies. (I just found a recipe for oatmeal laction cookies that I'm going to try) And the Brewer's yeast is hard to find here. The Reglan was the only thing I could get that insurance would pay for and I had it with my daughter and that is why I tried it this time. However I will try the rest of this! Thank you!!!!

Default Re: Reglan ?

Having to supplement since he's been sick and I'm low on milk at certain times of the day. However he is only supplemented 6 oz a day and went fro 6lbs 6.1oz at birth to 9lbs in 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MommyLuvsU View Post
    Although you certainly got off to a rough start with BF'ing it doesn't mean you can't get your supply back up there. I personally didn't try Reglan because of the side effects. Have you exhausted all other options before trying the Reglan, or in addition to taking the medication?

Skin to skin contact (take baths, cuddling time, read together, co-cleep, baby wearing)
    Oatmeal for breakfast
    Brewer's Yeast
    Drink water to thirst.. not too much, not too little
    Diet of lean proteins and leafy greens
    Beer (non-alcoholic if you do it every day)
    Fenugreek- up the amount you're taking. Your skin should smell like maple syrup
    Blessed Thistle- take with the fenugreek if the fenugreek doesn't work by itself
    Remove milk often- nurse and/or pump as much as possible
    Ditch the bottle/paci if possible

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by ncole View Post
    Tried most of this. Some of it was not easy to do since I have other kids and as for not using the bottle, I have a bottle that was recomended by my LC and it has helped with him latching on better. Have not tried the Blessed thistle or the beer and I don't like oatmeal but in cookies. (I just found a recipe for oatmeal laction cookies that I'm going to try) And the Brewer's yeast is hard to find here. The Reglan was the only thing I could get that insurance would pay for and I had it with my daughter and that is why I tried it this time. However I will try the rest of this! Thank you!!!!