Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Haven't pumped or bf in 6hrs

Default Haven't pumped or bf in 6hrs

Hello all,
    I have a quick ques. I haven't bf in 6hrs and 20mins. I will be home by 3:45pm, should I try to pump now? I've been bf for 3 months. Will my supply drop b/c I didn't pump 2day? It's been a crazy day at wk. People were in my office all day.

Thanks for your wisdom!

Default Re: Haven't pumped or bf in 6hrs

Yes, pump now if you can! Not so much because of the supply issue but rather because you risk being engorged/plugging ducts/getting an infection if you go too long without emptying your breasts. If you feel like there are any lumps/clogs in one side that you can't pump out, nurse your LO first on that side when you get home.
    Totally understand about busy days!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Thank you! I feel so engorged and just yuck. I will go pump right now!
    Thanks again.

You're welcome. I hope you feel better after you pump.
    Make sure you rest tonight and enjoy some cuddling and nursing with your LO.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on