Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Doesn't eat solid foods

Default Doesn't eat solid foods

Hello, my daughter is 17mnths, and I would love to wean her. The problem is she doesn't eat alot of solid foods. I have tried since she was 5 mnths old to introduce solids, and she has never been interested. She loves her breastmilk. She does eat better now than say at 12 mnths, but she still only takes 3 or 4 bites of food when I offer it throughout the day. I feel like she is hungry and so asks to breastfeed more often, although it doesn't seem to fill her up? If we are busy through the day she will sometimes only nurse once or twice during the day, but even with less nursing, she doesnt seem to eat more. Any suggestions ???

Default Re: Doesn't eat solid foods

Have you talked with her pediatrician? Could she have an oral aversion? Does she put other stuff in her mouth? Chew on stuff?

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Default Re: Doesn't eat solid foods

Something you can try that I did with my son is when he asked to nurse and I thought he might just be hungry or thirsty I would offer him food/drink first. Much of the time this worked, then if they won't eat/drtink still or nedd it after, you can nurse. I used this to help day wean. Also, my son won't eat things that are not finger foods with a few exceptions (yogurt, pudding, etc.) although recently he is learning how to use a fork and spoon.
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and