Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Dry Diapers at night 4 months old

Question Dry Diapers at night 4 months old

I noticed there is another post about dry diapers. So I figured someone might have an answer for me.

Well my Dd is only four months. When I get her for early morning feedings her diapers are dry. This has been happening for about four days now. She has a doctors appointment tomorrow,so I'll ask her pediatrician about it. Could she really be holding it already? Does/did anyone else's LO do this at this age?

Default Re: Dry Diapers at night 4 months old

my ds has been doing this since 6 weeks old......he feeds around 10 times a day and has a minimum of 5-6 wet nappies a day(the 1st 2 of a day in the first cpl hours of waking always very very wet)...he has put on 7lbs since he was born(almost dbl birth weight) and is 15 weeks old now...so im not worried..hv said it wasnt a problem when i asked as some babies just learn to hold it very early on..and should hopefully bode well for dry nights upon potty training.....
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

My LO is 12 weeks. Sometimes his diaper is dry or just barely wet when I get him up on occasion, and he sleeps through the night. I have noticed, oddly enough, that he will go during his first nursing. After that, his diaper is soaked. He seems to be able to hold it for longer periods of time. Sometimes it is like this during the day too, (I change before he nurses). Guaranteed by the end of the feeding he has went!

My lo started this around 3 -4 months. When he would wake in a.m. for feeding I would check his diaper and it was dry. He still does it. I change him at bedtime around 9-9:30 and he won't be wet again til 6-7 in the morning. But he soaks it after his first feeding. Weight and everything is great and he has good output during the day, so I wouldn't guess that it's a problem. I figure he's just not going while he's asleep.

Loving wife of 3 yrs. to A.W.

& SAHM

to beautiful baby boy, Jack (12/5/07)

Born- 8lbs 4oz 20 inches
    2 months- 12lbs 13 3/4 oz 24 inches
    4 months- 15lbs 2 oz 26 inches
    6 months- 17 1/2 lbs 27 1/2 inches
    9 months- 19lbs 5 oz 28 inches
    12 months- 21 1/2 lbs 30 inches

Nursing 15 months now... YAY!!

I asked an LC about that when my DD was about three months and she said, "yeah, they'll do that," meaning they'll hold it that long sometimes. Definitely ask your pedi, but I think it's normal

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Smile Re: Dry Diapers at night 4 months old

Thanks everyone. I know she's gaining she has doubled her birth weight. But I am having trouble with milk supply. Nothing new there.

My concern was because if I let her she'll sleep six hours, unless I wake her. My biggest concern is that she is eating enough, gaining weight, and getting dehydrated.

I am not a good judge of when our air conditioner has cooled the house enough.This place is always so warm..... My dh and dd run a little hotter then me. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Have a day everyone.