Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish....

Default I wish....

I wish that....

* I had 7 arms to bf.
    2 to help situate the pillows, 1 to hold my breast, 1 to hold my lo's head, 1 to hold my lo's hands (they are always in the way), 1 to hold my drink, and 1 to hold the remote (or book, or phone).

* I could sit next to each mom struggling to get the hang of bfing and tell them they are doing great and that they CAN do it! And that they would do the same for me.

* that my emotions were not so directly tied to the amount of sleep that I get (is anyone getting sleep???)

* that those books and articles that say bf doesn't hurt if you are doing it correctly would just be honest and say that for many of us - it WILL hurt for the first few weeks but that it will get better.

* that I didn't feel so much "Mommy Guilt" about everything! (not having enough time to spend with older childen when an infant is around, crying during bf sessions, going back to work, etc.)

ANYONE ELSE???

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Default Re: I wish....

Quote Originally Posted by BBB's Mom View Post
    I wish that....

* I had 7 arms to bf.
    2 to help situate the pillows, 1 to hold my breast, 1 to hold my lo's head, 1 to hold my lo's hands (they are always in the way), 1 to hold my drink, and 1 to hold the remote (or book, or phone).

* I could sit next to each mom struggling to get the hang of bfing and tell them they are doing great and that they CAN do it! And that they would do the same for me.

* that my emotions were not so directly tied to the amount of sleep that I get (is anyone getting sleep???)

* that those books and articles that say bf doesn't hurt if you are doing it correctly would just be honest and say that for many of us - it WILL hurt for the first few weeks but that it will get better.

* that I didn't feel so much "Mommy Guilt" about everything! (not having enough time to spend with older childen when an infant is around, crying during bf sessions, going back to work, etc.)

ANYONE ELSE???
    Well said, momma!

Oh, and add one more hand or even two to hold lo's mouth open to latch on properly!

And it does get better-fabulous, in fact. You ARE doing a great job! Keep up the good work.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Hang in there mommie it gets easier with time and then you learn to do with one hand awake and eyes closed and no hands at night!
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

Quote Originally Posted by mommamags View Post
    Well said, momma!

I couldn't agree more!

But on those good days, don't you feel like superwoman because you DO it without having 7 arms? And you are superwoman because you care enough to have mommy guilt? And you should be so proud of yourself for getting past the rough stage and knowing that it does actually get better. And you care enough to pass on your experiences to help others?

Sounds like your wishes are coming true

I've been there... I'm still there. It does get easier, day by day. You are giving your baby the best gift in the world. To your lo you are a !!
    Exclusively , , and when we find the time !!! And now loving Totally bleesed with born 2-25-08.

Hang in there! One day everything will just click and you'll be so glad you stuck with it!!
    Proud Mama to Noah Michael and Baby Charlie

oh what i would give for some extra hands! and totally agreed about emotions being directly related to lack of sleep! i feel bad for daddy....sometimes i take my frustration out on him. luckily, so many mommies have triumphed over their struggles that it gives us new mamas hope and a little more patience and strength to keep going.

Happily engaged to my best friend , Matthew
    1st time mama to Lucianna Dene' 3/29/08
    Exclusively and for 12 weeks and counting!!
    We discovered that we LOVE !

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz 21 in
    2 mo: 10 lbs 11 oz 23 in

**first in my family to bf!**

It does get better... it may not seem like it now, but it does!
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Kara View Post
    oh what i would give for some extra hands! and totally agreed about emotions being directly related to lack of sleep! i feel bad for daddy....sometimes i take my frustration out on him. luckily, so many mommies have triumphed over their struggles that it gives us new mamas hope and a little more patience and strength to keep going.
    But if I need time to sleep I ask for it. After 21months DH has finally figured out the the red rings around my eyes means I need sleep and that the smoke coming out of my nose means I need time alone.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

i would love a weekend to drink wine, lay on the couch, watch some movies, sleep.... all by myselF
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!