Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: dry diaper?

Default dry diaper?

I went to change DS's diaper this morning and it was dry. I don't think he went at all this morning from 9ish to 11:30. His overnight diaper was its usual wetness and he pooped in it too so I'm not sure what's going on.
    When we came home from errands he was crying, and refused to latch until I walked around with him in my arms and my breast exposed.
    I'm experiencing my first PP AF, but my supply seems to be ok. I'm just not sure what's going on.

TIA!
    Mellie
    mama to
    DS June 2007
    DD1 April 2009
    DD2 April 2011

Default Re: dry diaper?

Do you use cloth or disposable diapers? Sometimes just a little pee does not seem wet at all in a disposable. BUT, your LO is about 10 months right? They are able to hold their bladders longer. Sometimes my LO will go hours at night without really wetting her diaper and a lactation consultant told me that is nothing to be worried about. I think if overall he is peeing and pooping what's normal for him, then that's fine if he goes a couple hours without peeing.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Mine does the same thing now- he can hold it longer. It's normal- and also nice for doing a bit of nakkie time w/o worrying about them peeing on the floor every second.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

I also read that some babies do not prefer the taste of the milk when AF is here.

can I ask what does PP AF stand for? I'm still learning the language on here!

My ds has been holding it through the night since 6 weeks old....i always had to change him around 4am..but then i noticed his nappy was completly dry.(since 11pm or so)..i asked hv about it and she said some babies just learn to hold it early on....but he usually will fill 2 nappies in the first 2 hrs of waking...and i mean not just a sufficient wet nappy....but a super soaked..weighs almost as he does nappy..and also a large poop.....2 of them in 2 hrs of waking....and then he needs changing every 3-4 hrs in day(i use pamper baby dry with extra sleep layer all day..didnt want to buy 2 different kinds for day and night) unless he poops..but he normally only does 1 more poop in the day and is a smaller one....

so he is now about 3 poops a day and 6-7 wet nappies a day.....
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

Quote Originally Posted by jacq View Post
    can I ask what does PP AF stand for? I'm still learning the language on here!
    PP = Post Partum
    AF = Aunt Flo (period)
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Here is some reliable info re: breastfeeding and menstruation:
    http://www.breastfeed-essentials.com/menstruation.html

Quote Originally Posted by ak411 View Post
    PP = Post Partum
    AF = Aunt Flo (period)
    thank you!!!