Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sudden drying up???

Question sudden drying up???

hi

i have been breast feeding my bg ever since birth. perhaps a bottle a day. last week i did not bf her for 4 feedings. from then on my supply seems to have dried up literally!!!!!!!is this possible. missing just a day with an 8 weeks old leads tp drying up all o a sudden?????????

Default Re: sudden drying up???

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with milk supply.

Yes, for some women, missing just a few feedings in a row can cause a major drop in supply.

The good news is that your supply can come back up if you give your baby free access to the breast and stay away from bottles. If it has been a week since your supply dropped, then with exclusive and frequent breastfeeding, it shouldn't take more than a week to bring your supply back up. The more you can rest, keep baby close to you touching skin to skin, and eat and drink well, that will also help -- but the most important thing is to follow the law of supply and demand.

Good luck and keep us posted.

--Rebecca

Default Re: sudden drying up???

Yes, you must nurse, nurse, nurse. This really does work as supply and demand.
    If you go to EBF then you should not experience "drying up" also, just FYI watch antihistamines, rule of thumb anything that can dry up your sinuses can also dry up your milk.
    It is not too late! Please keep us posted. All the best