Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Poop question

Default Poop question

So my son is a 3-4 times a day pooper and normally poops with in 5 mins of waking up each morning. Well today he didn't poop this morning and hasn't pooped all day. We happened to go get 2 shots today and I asked the nurse. She said it is normal and not to worry. What do you guys think? Just seems odd and this isn't normal for him at all.

Me (25)
    DH (26)
    DS Born December 5, 2007

Nursed 1 year and we are going on strong!

I am:
    , , , and

Default Re: Poop question

This can definately be normal. My LO pooped less as she got older. I remember being worried. It's funny how uptight we all get over poopy!

This usually happens to us on Sundays, when we're off to church. Oh sure, all the rest of the week, LO gives a nice big poop within an hour of waking. But on Sundays, she waits 'til I get her dressed in a beautiful dress, pretty socks and shoes, a fancy bow in the hair and we're sitting in a quiet congregation, listening to a lovely sermon. Needless to say, the sound effects are VERY embarrassing and 9 times out of 10, we're off to the nursery to change the entire outfit due to the blowout!

I guessed by your post that your LO is about 5 months old. That's when my guy stopped the frequent stools, as do a lot of babies. Their guts mature quite a bit between 4 and 6 months (aside: that's why it's important to start solids after 6 months of age), and they use more of the breastmilk, which means less waste, so less poop.
    Stephanie, mom to Jaime Hoban 11/04/07 and Annika Jayne 12/21/09

We . . . no room in the bed for more!

We love our cloth diapers!