Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sleeping through the night?

Default Re: sleeping through the night?

Thanks everyone. I'm just going to con't nursing at night. We'll do any necessary sleep training when he's done nursing. It's just good to know there are others out there doing the same.

I was reading The Baby Book (Dr. Sears) and it says "sleeping thru the night" is if they sleep 5 hours at a stretch at night. So if your LO does...just nod and say "yep, he sleeps thru the night"

My 22 month-old gets up at least 2-3 times during the night. Sleeping through the night is a ridiculous Western obsession that doesn't have much to do with the nature of babies and the vast differences among them. They are obviously not robots that are supposed to do the same thing at the same time. Follow your mommy instincts. Do they tell you to let your baby cry alone in darkness or to give her some artificial substance so that she will "fit in" to the standards of some ignorant people at 9 months ?

Next time someone asks you if your baby is sleeping through the night, you could just say, "Why do you ask?" It's really no one's business.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09