Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to "Fatten" up my DS

Default Re: Trying to "Fatten" up my DS

I have also been a product of a small baby and all the same comments......oh he is so tiny for his age......
    Funny thing is today while I was grabbing lunch for dh and I, a woman and her two children walked in. I started up a conversation with her because I wanted to know how much her son weighed. He was SKINNY and I LOVED it!! Anyways, she said he is 2 yrs old and weighed 22 lbs!!!!
    It made me happy and I told her I was just curious, I also have a small 7 mo old and was tired of the same comment!!

Jacob is a big kid, I get comments all the time. "Wow he is HUGE!" "Future linebacker" "He is so fat" blah blah blah. I love it when they ask "What are you feeding that kid?" and I get to say "Just breastmilk!" and generally they are so shocked that they don't know what to say. I just have a HUGE smile on my face because I made them feel as uncomfortable as they made me!

Quote Originally Posted by mommymilk
    Jacob is a big kid, I get comments all the time. "Wow he is HUGE!" "Future linebacker" "He is so fat" blah blah blah. I love it when they ask "What are you feeding that kid?" and I get to say "Just breastmilk!" and generally they are so shocked that they don't know what to say. I just have a HUGE smile on my face because I made them feel as uncomfortable as they made me!
    I have similar stories with my first baby. Funny how it shuts them up when they hear you nurse that baby and haven't started solids yet!

The part I find very weird about the size of a baby is that a big baby is equated with health. I haul this huge (>27 lbs) 10 month baby that I babysit around (with difficulty). His ped is even saying he's already overweight; I must say I've never seen such a fat baby myself. But most people say, "What a healthy baby!" Huh? How can a big baby be any healthier than a thinner one?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!