Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What do I feed her?

Default What do I feed her?

This is so silly...I have absolutely no idea what to feed DD. She is on stage 2 baby food now, she does chew softer foods, like puffs and rice rusks. When I give her stage 3, she gags on the chunks in it. It's almost like she is expecting it to be smoother than it is. I have been wanting to feed her some more table food, but it is the biggest mystery to me. Can anybody give me a resource to look at, or any thoughts/ideas. I know it's silly, but this is absolutely baffling to me.
    THANK YOU>

Default Re: What do I feed her?

when moving to table food you just have to do it.. she will probably gag at first or spit the food out- but then she get used to it. Start with something really small ( pea sized) that will dissolve in the mouth. I like to use regular old rice crispies cereal for adults... or a piece of bread if you have done wheat or a small piece of cooked carrot etc... or a cooked lentil or a cooked piece of regular rice...

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

You might want to try something mashed, like banana, canned peaches or pears, sweet potato or carrots. Then work up to small pieces. A mixed consistency like the stage III food seemed to make my LO gag too.

Fresh steamed vegetables, fresh ripe fruit, peeled and cut into little wedges that she can easily grab and handle.

Avocado is great!

Check out any of the other bazillion threads started on this topic. More information than you could ever dream of.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

DD HATED avacados...we tried them yesterday and she spit them out and gagged. She hasn't found anything she disliked until avacados. It was actually pretty humorous.
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

It generally takes being exposed to the same food upwards of a dozen times before they know whether or not they like it and they reserve the right to change their mind (and exercise it frequently). Don't give up on avocado that easily. It's packed with too much goodness!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.