Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: With the Intro to solids how much is your baby nursing?

Default With the Intro to solids how much is your baby nursing?

With the introduction of solids, how much is yor baby nursing? Has the frequency changed? Maddie is eating a bottle of BM ( about 4 oz.) in the mid-morning and having a solid lunch. (she eats an entire stage 1 Gerber) She then will have another bottle of BM (about 4 0z.) around 1:00. She then nurses when I get home around 4. She then gets another solid for late dinner around 8:00. She then nurses to sleep and then about every 3-4 hours until she gets up for the day. (these night nurses are sometimes quick back to sleep, sometimes not)

I am not concerned about weight issues. (she's 17 pounds), but I want her major intake to be BM....Do you think she is getting enough???

Default Re: With the Intro to solids how much is your baby nursing?

From your post, it sounds like she is nursing or taking a bottle of ebm about 7 times a day?

Watch her diaper output; if it's coming out, it's going in. I think it's a minimum of 4-5 wet diapers for her age.

To answer your question about nursing frequency:
    In my expirnence, ds did not decrease his nursings at all with the into of solids. He was bfing every hour or two before intro and after for an entire month until he (finally) became a little more effiencet with his nursing and could get more milk at a time. He is now 9 mo and still nurses at least 8-10 times in 24 hrs.

HTH