Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Cranberries are so nice!

Default Cranberries are so nice!

Hello!

It is so hot here right now!! I don't really like plain water, but I've discovered cranberry juice. Hmmmm, it's lovely! I dilute it 50 - 50 with water and don't have to worry about not getting enough fluids anymore

Can cranberries do something nasty to the BM? My little boy is almost 2 years old and drinks at the breast about 3 - 5 times a day.

Thanks for letting me know!

Default Re: Cranberries are so nice!

Cranberries are very acidic -- so your juice is probably sweetened somehow. I wouldn't anticipate any problems, but if he does develop tummy troubles, you could try diluting it with more water, especially if you are going through lots of the juice every day.

My favorite cold liquid treat is to dilute one part of any juice with about 5 or 6 parts of cold sparkling water.

Hang in there -- hope the heat wave will pass soon.

--Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by quakerm0mma
    My favorite cold liquid treat is to dilute one part of any juice with about 5 or 6 parts of cold sparkling water.
    That sounds delicious. I'm going to get some sparkling water today!

I love TZAO Passion herbal tea, mixed with Crystal light lemon aid. No sugar no caffine, and the kids LOVE IT TOO!

mmm, cranberry juice! we drink it a lot in the summer, I usually dilute it 50-50 with water, or as a pp suggested with soda water (or on a night out with vodka ) and we even freeze it in popsicle moulds and make jell-o out of it!
    but watch out, most cranberry juice brands are concentrate with a bunch of suger and water.

Default Cranberries are so nice!

I love the cranberrys too but I buy the unsweetened concentrate and mix my own. I add a shot of cranberry to every glass of water and sometimes I mix up seltzer, apple juice and cranberry to make a great soda.