Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sad...

Default So sad...

I started back to work on the 28th, and have been struggling with the decision this week.

I started back part time for 2 weeks, and worked MWF - will go full time on the 12th.

I have a 45 min + commute, and with this, pumping time, and work day - I am/will be away from her about 12 hours every day. I am a computer consultant so sometimes my days will be even longer.

Monday was rough but went as expected. Wednesday she went to the sitters at 7:15 am, I left for work shortly after, and didnt get home until 10:30pm. 15 hours apart

Friday morning we were running late due to a rough night and I didnt have time to BF - I sent her off with a bottle of expressed milk. She went from a feeding at 3 am until 9 pm when I got home - 18 hours between Breast Feedings.

When I got in DH told me she was crying for 2 hours AFTER he fed her. She hasnt wanted to be away from the breast since. I feel horrible. I think shes going through withdrawal. me too

how do i make this easier for her? I am about to quit my job...

Tina
    Last edited by new_mom_39; May 4th, 2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: typos

Default Re: So sad...

I'm sorry mama. I don't have any advice since I didn't go through this but I just wanted to offer and hopefully someone will come along soon with real advice.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

I don't have any advice either (I quit), but I totally understand how difficult it is. Probably the hardest thing we are ever expected to do, and a very personal internal struggle. Everyone told me to give it 2 weeks and then decide. Good luck!!

This is not the best advice, but I just quit my job of 7 years 2 weeks ago. At first, my boss let me bring her, but as of her 1st birthday, which is May 20, she said I could no longer bring her. I quit... other reasons were involved, but knowing that I'd have to be away from her gave me the nerve to quit.

I kind of regret it now, but I'll never get this time back.

im about to jump ship - can you share what your regrets are?

Thank you!

I also wanted to thank the others for posting.. I was working yesterday so didn' tget a chance to read this until today..

I am more determined every day to quit. The summer coming isnt helping because All I can think of is taking her for walks in the summer time and being outside with her. I kind of feel selfish but knowing she is having a hard time with this too (or so I think with her crying so much when Im not home) - makes me think that being home is for the best.

If nothing else - I will work part time somewhere - just not the 12+ hour days that I have to do at my current job of nearly 6 yrs..

thank you so much again

Tina

I say go with what your heart is telling you. If you can quit then do it. You can always work again but you won't get this time back. Your baby will only be little and nursing once.

Talking Re: So sad...

It is so hard to leave our lo's. In september I will have been at my job for 7 years! But next week will be my last. In the eight months of my sons life I have missed so much. I want some time for the 2 of us...so this summer that is my plan. Just me and my 2 boys and once school starts in the fall I will begin to look for a part time job. They grow way to quickly and I can't stand to miss out on it anymore.

Can you live off one salary? It sounds like you probably like your job but could you jump back into the workforce fairly easy in a few years? If so then I would do whatever you can to be home with your baby for a year or two. Those are some serious long hours to be away from your baby and it sounds like you aren't liking it one bit! If it feels like to right thing to do for you and your family then go for it. Computers will still be there is a few years
    Mom to a beautiful little girl-born June 27th, 2006

You've already recieved a lot of good advice. I'll just offer you a and remind you that it's never wrong to follow your heart.