Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Introducing textured food/finger food

Default Introducing textured food/finger food

Hello ladies,

My son has been doing fabulous with pureed food for a little over a month now. I'm wondering when I should introduce textured food - I was thinking of starting with yogurt and shredded pieces of fruit, adult oatmeal with bm, prunes, and other things with skins. I haven't tried finger fruits because he's getting his second tooth but always gags and chokes on anything he attempts to eat...so I think that through textured food we'll be able to wait for some more teeth and until he's more ready. Any advice tips, how did textured food work w/your lo?

Thank you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Introducing textured food/finger food

My son really likes organic brown rice puffs. I like them as a finger food because they dissolve in his mouth so I don't worry about him choking. I've also made his purees a little bit more course lately, like just mash them with a spoon or fork rather than put them in the food processor.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

That's sounds like a great idea, especially because they dissolve. I'll def. try that. Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance's Mommy View Post
    My son really likes organic brown rice puffs. I like them as a finger food because they dissolve in his mouth so I don't worry about him choking.
    I second this suggestion. My LO loves these even with only 1 tooth! We also like Cheerios!