Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: "drink" solids?

Default "drink" solids?

My LO is 9 months and has been very very reluctant about solids. Most things, he will take one bite and then will purse his lips shut and that is the end of it. We have tried soft finger foods, purees, cereal, cereal is about the only thing that has had any level of success, and even with that it was a big meal if he ate 1 tablespoon worth. He has always been really interested in drinking out of a glass, however, and I recently discovered that if I let him drink his cereal or whatever from the bowl he was really into it and would finish off whatever I gave him with a big grin on his face. This week I have been giving him rice cereal with some pear puree mixed in. So now I'm thinking that maybe it would be a better way to introduce new tastes to him by making it into a smoothie drink for him, using BM, maybe some yogurt. What do you think? Do you think there is anything wrong with just letting him drink his solids and forget the spoon? He LOVES drinking out of a glass but I don't want to give him too much water cause I know that isn't good at this age.

Default Re: "drink" solids?

I don't see anything wrong with smoothies...
    Keep trying the table foods too. Some kids have realy texture issues!

Default Re: "drink" solids?

I would try it. Maybe eat something with a spoon while he is drinking his meal and he'll become interested in using a spoon later on.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!