Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How long will a 6oz Brown Cow Plain Yogurt last once it's opened?

Default How long will a 6oz Brown Cow Plain Yogurt last once it's opened?

Hi everyone,

My 8mo daughter just started yogurt but only one or two teaspoons the most at a time. Once I opened a small container of Brown Cow plain whole milk yogurt, how long will it last when I just put the foil over back on in the fridge? I am not going to finish it all myself.

thanks
    irene

Default Re: How long will a 6oz Brown Cow Plain Yogurt last once it's opened?

I can only find the whole milk baby yogurt in the six pack small containers where I live, so I spoon out what my son is going to eat, and then I put the rest into a very small plastic container, which goes back in the fridge. I will store it like this for up to two days. If you're feeding your baby straight from the package, I would say that you should throw it away because of the bacteria that could grow in it. If not, then just put the leftover yogurt in some gladware or something and keep it for the next day.

I think it should last for a while. I'm sure using it as quick as you can is best, but I buy the giant containers for myself, and I'll use it until the expiration date. Just scoop out what you need and put the rest back in the fridge.
    Jen, momma to Charlotte Rae born 9/25/07

Still breastfeeding !

and !

yup as long as its not furry on top.....