Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: exhaused

Default exhaused

Hi,

I am just looking to see if anyone has any idea's or advice for me. I have been working 12 hour night shifts for a couple months and I am so exhaused. I am having a hard time getting sleep and I worry non stop about the sleep I am not getting. I need to work and the option of staying home isn't going to happen. We also can't afford to put lo in daycare.

Default Re: exhaused

12 hour shifts are rough! Thats for sure

You poor thing. Do you have any family or friends that can take your lo for a couple hours so you can catch up on your sleep?
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07

I understand! I just finished working a month of 12 hour night shifts with 1 day off per week. Which 12 hours do you work? Is it possible for you to immediately go to sleep and grab a couple hours of sleep when you get off work until you have to be up to care for your lo, and then sleep again at naptime and again in the evening up until you have to go to work? I know it's broken sleep, but maybe it would be better? I'd also suggest seeing if you have a friend or neighbor that could watch the lo at a time that would let you combine either nap time or time when DH can watch lo so that you can catch 5 or 6 hours in a row...

Good luck!
    Kerry - first time mom to Isabella Grace 3/2/07

Still nursing at 16 months, working, and trying to balance my life!