Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not sure about anything!

Question Not sure about anything!

Hi there, my 22 mth old daughter is approaching two in July. I am about thinking of weaning her off my breast about then, but I am scared of hurting her feelings. Although I am an old experienced timer at breastfeeding, but I am not at this weaning business b/c my older daughter had weaned herself at 21 mths (probably cos of my preggy hormones).

Any advice? Last night (we are having a heat wave in England at the moment), it was roasting so my BF daughter ended up joining me in my bed b/c the heat woke her up. And, she kept on sucking, sucking for what seemed like hours till I got very tired. So, I said "No more darling, go to sleep on my pillow instead" and she screamed and screamed, cried kicking at me and clawing at me! Is she gonna be a hard one?

Default Re: Not sure about anything!

hi, it's great you'll have breastfed for 2 years, and also that you are thinking about how to wean gradually. I've not been there yet, but when I read the book 'Mothering your nursing toddler' I saw a chapter full of ideas about gentle weaning. If you've got an LLL group near you they probably have it in their library, so you could borrow it from them.
    Good luck!

Thumbs up Re: Not sure about anything!

Thanks for that I got a phone no. I shall give them a ring and ask. I seen my HV today about it, she's seems pretty clueless when it comes to BF at the toddlerdom range!